Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wallace Lake April 26

This time, most of the snow was melted. I reached the lake in 2 hours from my house, rode half an hour around, and took 1 hour to go back home.

Around Lake Wallace. This tree, across the trail, was not there at my last trip in February. There are teeth marks on the wood. Looks like beaver work:


Same tree as the pic before. It was cut by a beaver:


A smaller tee, more beaver marks:


That beaver was helped by Mother Nature. The tree broke before the beaver was done:


This was another very nice ride. On the way down, I surprised a bobcat on the trail. He ran in the woods too fast to allow me to take a picture.
Next time I may try to climb higher, maybe 2500 feet? The lake is at 1800FT altitude, my house, 160FT.

No comments:

Post a Comment